What we offer here at Peterson Machine Tool is a full service manufacturing facility. With our in-house personnel we can complete any of your sheet metal fabrication jobs from basic metal forming processes to turn-key manufacturing. Our location is part of the key to our success and great pricing. We are located in Council Grove, Kansas and employ personnel from the surrounding area. This location and business environment helps us keep the cost down so we can provide a quality service at a lower cost. We currently process all types of work that varies from basic metal forming to complete turn-key manufacturing. We have 20 years experience in short; medium and long productions runs and continue to provide our manufactured products throughout the world.
CUSTOM FABRICATING SERVICES:
Our precision sheet metal fabricating expertise includes ferrous and non-ferrous metals. We specialize in stainless steel and aluminum fabricating for the aerospace, military, pharmaceutical, food processing, packaging and power generation industries. Our experienced fabricators offer diversified design and prototype development with metal products such as sheet metal enclosures, fixtures, electrical enclosures, electronic chassis, control panels, medical cabinets, equipment guarding, tooling and weldments.
- METAL SHEAR SERVICE: Peterson offers a range of metal shearing capabilities to customers requiring these services. We operate several metal shears with a maximum capacity to shear 125” of 1/4” thick mild steel plate. With the various type shears we offer we are able to take care of your shearing needs by choosing the most cost effective way possible for the job.
- CNC SHEET METAL BREAKING SERVICE: During our sheet metal braking process, we use an open-frame single action press to bend, corrugate, curl, and form sheet metal and plate. We operate a CNC press brake with a maximum capacity of 80 tons able to break 8’ of 1/4” mild steel plate. This machine allows for numerous angles and type metal breaks to be performed on the same setup. This type machine can take many manual operations completely out of the manufacturing process saving time and money.
- WELDING SERVICES:Our welding department includes highly skilled craftsman with a wide range of experience. We provide many types of welding services including Mig, Tig, Brazing, Spot Welding and Stud welding operations. Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Steel and Structural Steel welding are part of our daily process here at Peterson Machine Tool.
- PLASMA METAL CUTTING SERVICES: Peterson utilizes a plasma metal cutting machine that has a maximum cutting capacity to cut through up to 1/2” mild steel plate along with many different hardened alloys. We also offer a pattern cutting torch service that can cut up to 3/4” plate.
- CNC PUNCH PRESS: We operate an Amada CNC punch press with a maximum capacity of ¼” mild steel. This machine can punch through sheet metal vary at rates of over 250 times per minute, with accuracy and precision unsurpassed by any manual punching means. With this machine we can notch, perforate, pierce, louver and punch very intricate patterns and forms. A program is created for the parts and programmed in the CNC terminal, and can be stored for future use. Our CNC press can punch up to 1/4” mild steel plate with sheet sizes up to 5’W x 10’L. Waste drops can be utilized by punching smaller components and this can be done while working with the original setup. If you need to reduce your scrap loss, this machine operation can make real improvements in time and efficiency.
Peterson Machine Tool helps our customers meet their short or long-term production requirements for a range of surface treatment processes. Our 50+ years of experience in building machinery has enabled us to develop robust and efficient machinery for processing your parts to specification with quick turn-around times.
- POWDER COATING SERVICES: Let us put our knowledge in expertise in powder coating our own equipment to use for your company. At our facility we have increased our turn radius handling to accommodate parts up to 19.5’ in length. Our 8’ x 10.5’ x 20’ oven and paint booth is located at our Council Grove facility. You choose the color and type finish desired, we do the rest. Metal preparation such as acid etching is provided. This painting technique provides a very durable, uniform, high-quality finish that will have you products looking great year after year.
- CONTRACT BLAST CLEANING & PARTS TUMBLING: To remove flash, burrs, or scale, Peterson provides shot blasting, edge de-burring, surface preparation & cleaning on both ferrous & non-ferrous components. In addition to shot blasting, we provide airless steel shot peening and glass shot peening to relieve stress build up in manufactured or remanufactured parts.
- CONTRACT PARTS WASHING: Peterson utilizes rotary cabinet style parts washers as well as a large wash bay to clean oversized parts, allowing us to handle our customer’s parts washing challenges. We give solutions to your cleaning needs such as rust inhibiting treatment and acid etching. Peterson can help you achieve the quality your customers are looking for with the lowest possible price.
Peterson Machine Tool has added more capacity to our Machine Shop. By adding several metal saws, lathes and mill to our existing capacity we have increased our ability handle the short and medium run machine shop projects. This equipment along with our Monarch and Bridgeport CNC Mill, gives us the ability to produce quality parts at a great price.
Toll Free: 1-800-255-6308
FULL SERVICE TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT
Need more information? Click here!